~ our history ~
WILLIAMSON’S SUNOCO SERVICE STATION
NORTHEAST CORNER OF HILL ROAD AND COLUMBUS STREET

 

 

On May, 1946, Raymond O. (Kayo) Williamson signed a lease with Frank Bish to operate the service station located at 192 West Columbus Street in Pickerington. This was a time when gasoline was 15 cents per gallon. Coca Cola and 7up was 5 cents per bottle. Tires sold for $9.95 and the telephone number was FR7-4375.

In May 1953 the original station was purchased from Frank and Viola Bish.

At this time additional storage space was added to the rear of the original station.
Another change had taken place by this time – a hydraulic hoist had replaced the “open
Pit” for lubrication work.

In 1957 plans were formulated to replace the original station with a new station. The
New station was completed and opened for business in the fall of 1958.

From its beginning in 1946 until the national gasoline shortage in 1973, the service
Station was open for business seven days a week from 6:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.

Williamson’s Sunoco Service Station has remained a family oriented business through
forty-four plus years of providing service to the Pickerington community. In June 1990, Williamson’s Sunoco was the oldest continuous private business in Pickerington. The station closed July 24, 2004.